Welcome to TachikawaType Specimen Database Based on Dr. Tachikawa’s Parasitic Wasp Type Collection Donated to the Entomological Laboratory, Kyushu University !
A database TachikawaType is a type specimen database based on Dr. Tachikawa’s parasitic wasp type collection donated to the Entomological Laboratory, Kyushu University. Dr. Tachikawa assisted Prof. Keizo Yasumatsu of the Entomological Laboratory of Kyushu University, who succeeded using Anicetus beneficus for biological control in Japan for the first time. He studied parasitic wasps, especially the taxonomy of the family Encyrtidae and published a revision of the family in Japan in 1963.
The number of type specimens is 463 in total, containing the holotypes described by himself and paratypes described by other researchers. Each record consists of 28 items according to the format of the Darwin Core of the Global Biodiversity Information Facility(GBIF), such as scientific name, country, type locality, collection date, collector, host, bibliographical data, etc.
The related bee database file is as follows:
- Image database TOBIKOBACHI based on the encyrtid wasp collection of Dr. T. Tachikawa.
Specimen database ProctELKU based on the parasitic wasp collection of ELKU.
TachikawaType is managed by the text database management system SIGMA.
The TachikawaType file is supported by two Grants-in-Aid for Publication of Scientific Research Results (Head Investigator: M. Ito and O. Tadauchi) from the Japan Society for the Promotion of Science.
The use of data in this database is free of charge if the objective is academic study or educational purposes.
- Search TachikawaType database
- How to Use
- Items of Data
- Example of a record
- Publications, Manuals and Explanations
- Copyright Notice
- Inquiries and Comments
Data and Tags are the Following 28 items.
|2.||(DATE)||Date Last Modified|
|6.||(BR)||Basis of Record|
|14.||(AU)||Scientific Name Author|
|26.||(T)||Title of the Original Description|
|28.||(VNP)||Volume, No., Page|
|Date Last Modified||2010. 10.18|
|Scientific Name||Homalotylus hyperaspicola|
|Basis of Record||S|
|Scientific Name Author||Tachikawa, 1963|
|State Province||Shikoku, Ehime Pref.|
|Relationship Type||Host: larva of Hyperaspis japonica Crotch|
|Title of the Original Description||Revisional studies on the Encyrtidae of Japan (Hymenoptera: Chalcidoidea)|
|Journal||Memoirs of the Ehime University, Sect. VI (Agriculture)|
|Volume, No., Page||9(1): 204, 208-210|
Tachikawa, T., 1963. Revisional studies on the Encyrtidae of Japan (Hymenoptera: Chalcidoidea). Mem. Ehime Univ., Sect. VI (Agr.), 9(1): 1-264.
The Executive Committee to Commemorate the Retirement of Prof. T. Tachikawa, 1989. The Works of Tetsusaburo Tachikawa. Matsuyama, 1111pp.
Tadauchi, O., C. Hirosawa, H. Inoue, T. Sugimoto, R. Murao, N. Takahashi, S. Sato, K. Mitai and Y. Hara, 2009. Specimen database AIIC, Asian insect information center database, based on types and normal specimens collected in Asia and the Pacific Area, Part 1. Esakia, (49): 1-5.
Entomology Database Project Group (Head: O. Tadauchi, Editor: N. Takahashi, System administrator: H. Inoue, F. Kamitomo) holds the copyright on the entomology database TachikawaType.
Inquiries and Comments about TachikawaType Should be the Following E-mail Address.
Faculty of Agriculture,
Japan E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Asian Insect Information Center (AIIC)
Type specimen database
- ELKUType (Type specimen database based on the collection preserved in the Entomological Laboratory, Kyushu University)
- M.ChujoType (Dr. M.Chujo’s Coleoptera Type Collection Donated to Kyushu University)
- Bee specimen database based on the collection preserved in the Entomological Laboratory, Kyushu University, except for Prof. Tadauchi’s foreign collection (BeeELKU)
- Bee specimen database based on Dr. Hiromi Fukuda’s collection (BeeFukuda)
- Bee specimen database based on collection of Central Asia by the Kyushu University Expedition (BeeCAsia)
- Bee specimen database based on Prof. Tadauchi’s collection collected from foreign countries (BeeFTadauchi)
- Specimen database based on the Parasitic Wasp Collection Preserved in the Entomological Laboratory, Kyushu University (ProctELKU)
- Coleoptera specimen database based on Dr. Hiroyuki Sasaji’s collection (COLSasaji)
- Specimen database based on the Coleoptera collection collected in Kumamoto Prefecture, Kyushu by Mr. Isao Otsuka (COLOtsuka)
- Specimen database based on the Coleoptera collection preserved in the Laboratory of Environmental Entomology, Ehime University (COLEUMJ)
- Specimen database Based on the Rescued Damaged Specimens of the Rikuzen-Takata City Museum in Iwate Prefecture (RDS)
- Specimen database based on the Aphids prepared slide collection by Dr. Magoshiro Moritsu (APHIDMoritsu)